Fire Damage Photo Gallery

soot has attached itself to spiderwebs in a basement after a fire

SERVPRO of North Elkhart County can help with fire damage and smoke damage

A home had a mechanical failure in a small appliance in their basement that resulted in it smoldering all day long, and wasn't found until the home owner got home after work. The result was smoke damage throughout the entire house and this soot covered webbing in their basement shows just how much smoke was present in the home. 

Kitchen Fire!

SERVPRO was dispatched to a job this past week to a fire. This fire ended up being a total loss but our crew still had many tasks to do on this jobsite before the home is taken down.

The crew performed an inventory list of all items in the house whether salvageable or not. This list includes all items from silverware to furniture and so much more.

After the inventory has been completed our staff performed a pack out of the items to bring back to the warehouse for Ozone Treatment and Cleaning of salvageable items.

An Ozone Treatment deodorizes, disinfects, and kills or removes dangerous or irritating airborne particles in indoor environments. 

The crew finished up with cleaning out the house of all the debris that was left from the fire.

Electronics on Fire

SERVPRO was dispatched out to a fire loss where there were electronics that took a new shape.

Even though the fire was deemed a total loss, SERVPRO still has plenty of areas they help in clean up and getting the house ready for tear down. Inventory of all of the customer's belongings and cleanup of the debris from the fire.

In this picture some of the electronics were pulled from the fire and you can see the unique shapes that plastic around electronics can form. Sometimes the electronics have saving hardware attached to it and the customers information can still be saved.

Cooking Fire Safety Tips

    • Stay alert and if you find yourself
    • Staying in the kitchen while you are preparing food is important not just for the sake of checking it, but it also helps you remember that you are in the process of cooking. Get a timer to help you keep track of cooking times.
    • Keep your stove top clean and do not store things near it. Get all your kitchen stuff like oven mitts, utensils made from wood, towels and things that can easily catch on fire away from the stove.
    • Get a smoke detector installed in your home. Stats show that this detector could actually double your chances of surviving a fire

Source: DisclosureSave NHD

SERVPRO of North Elkhart is here to help for all your fire damage needs. 


Cooking fires by the numbers

Based on 2010-2014 annual averages:

  • Cooking equipment was the leading cause of home fires and fire injuries, causing 46% of home fires that resulted in 19% of the home fire deaths and 44% of the injuries.**
  • Two-thirds (66%) of home cooking fires started with the ignition of food or other cooking materials. 
  • Ranges or cooktops accounted for the majority (62%) of home cooking fire incidents. 
  • Unattended equipment was a factor in one-third (33%) of reported home cooking fires and half (49%) of the associated deaths.

Source: NFPA's "Home Fires Involving Cooking Equipment" report Source*

Make sure you watch out for cooking fires this year. And if you have a cooking fire make sure to call SERVPRO of North Elkhart County. Our technicians are here to help!


Home Fire help from SERVPRO of North Elkhart County

If the tragedy of a home fire affects your life, the team at SERVPRO of North Elkhart County has the 24-hour emergency response and expertise to guide and assist you in your time of need. 

Call us at 574-343-1397


Content cleaning

Crew chief Carol cleaning contents from a recent fire pack out, in our warehouse. Carol is wonderful with the fine details that are required when cleaning soot from homeowners contents. 

Fire contents storage

We have lots of storage space to safely house the contents from fire damaged homes. All the contents are brought to our secure location inventoried, cleaned and deodorized then stored until the time that the customer is ready to have them returned.

Cleaning Contents

Crew member Carol cleaning fire contents at our warehouse. This was a whole house including all contents that were affected by smoke and soot. Our team has been working very hard to return the home and its contents back to pre fire condition.