You Can Count On SERVPRO To Be Fastest From Water Damage!
SERVPRO of North Elkhart County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of North Elkhart County provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of North Elkhart County arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (574) 343-1397
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of North Elkhart County
SERVPRO of North Elkhart County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Do You Understand The Impact Of Water Loss? If Not, Keep Reading!
Our SERVPRO professionals have access to some of the most powerful tools and equipment in the industry.
When our team first arrives at any water loss incident, we must first assess the spread and impact of these conditions on the residence. We have moisture and dampness detection devices that can help us to determine the status of wall cavities and other inaccessible areas of your home. In the early stages of water loss, even substantial risks like broken pipes can get resolved and cleaned up before they become devastating situations.
Our SERVPRO of North Elkhart County professionals have a deep inventory of recovery tools that can help with both extraction and drying of water damage in homes. Depending on the situation, we do not need to use all of the resources at our disposal. This determination gets made by our project management and crew chief performing the initial thorough inspection of the property. In some situations, we can perform the full extraction that your house needs using only our portable sump pumps and light wands.
Extraction is one of the most vital steps that our restoration technicians can take when we first arrive at your water damaged home. Our SERVPRO professionals have access to some of the most powerful tools and equipment in the industry. In some scenarios, electric submersible pumps can help to overcome the standing water present in a specific area of your house. The continual discharge of this device can quickly work through several inches of damage to ensure that drying efforts can begin shortly after.
Light wands are another highly mobile option for addressing water loss effects under two inches in depth. These tools can perform powerful extraction in small areas, often collected by a wet-vac tank. The portability of these options makes them ideal for small spaces and confined areas of the property.
Not all extraction tools are necessary for every water loss incident that our SERVPRO team encounters. Knowing what your home needs is the job of our qualified assessment team. We can get to work quickly on making water losses “Like it never even happened.” We are faster to any disaster and are ready and waiting to put our experience, expertise and equipment to work for you!
When It Comes To Sewage Clean Up & Why You Need To Call SERVPRO (Part 2 of 2)
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of North Elkhart County is strategically located to respond quickly to your water damage emergency.
What should a customer expect when they hire professional carpet cleaners?
Upon arrival, the technician will assess the carpeting. Once that is complete, the process can begin. First they will vacuum the floor during a process called dry soil removal. This removes any loose items in the flooring. Then soil suspension and extraction will take place. The technician uses a preconditioning agent that is mixed to separate the soil from the fibers. Various methods are employed to extract the soil from the flooring. Grooming may also be done to improve the fiber piles, matting, and to equally disperse protectors or conditioning agents. Then the drying process can begin. Carpets that have been professionally cleaned should be dry in less than 24 hours. Homeowners can assist in this process by ensuring the right temperature is maintained, and there is adequate ventilation.
When hiring a carpet cleaning technician, make sure that they have received their certification through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The IICRC is a globally-recognized organization that is the leader in certifying technicians and firms in the restoration, cleaning and inspection industry.
Locally Owned Company with Valuable Resources
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of North Elkhart County is strategically located to respond quickly to your water damage emergency and your mold cleanup. When there is mold in a home or business, we have the resources and personnel to help get your home or business back together. Call us today!
*Information provided by: http://www.IICRC.org/the-importance-hiring-professional-carpet-cleaners-a-502.html
If You Have Fire In Your Elkhart Home Or Business? - Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of North Elkhart County hopes you never know the tragedy of a fire, but if you do we are #HERETOHELP with 24-hour emergency board up services!
What if you have a fire in your Elkhart home or business?
Experiencing a home fire can be one of the most stressful and devastating tragedies in your life.
After a fire its very difficult to know what to do next.
Here are some important things to remember:
- Take care of yourself and family.
- Do not eat, drink or breathe anything that was near or affected by the flames, smoke, soot or water used to extinguish the fire.
- Contact your local American Red Cross, Elkhart 574-293-6519 www.redcross.org or Salvation Army, Elkhart 574-970-0088 www.saelkhart.org They can provide you with emergency accommodations, food, clothing, and medication.
- If you have pets, locate them and comfort them, keep pets from entering the fire-damaged home for their safety.
- Do NOT enter the damaged structure, until fire officials declare it safe. Fires can start again even when it appears they are fully extinguished. Be very cautious if reentering the damaged structure. There can be floor and roof damage that is not easily observed
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
SERVPRO of North Elkhart County hopes you never know the tragedy of a fire, but if you do we are #HERETOHELP with 24-hour emergency board up services, we also have the expertise to help guide you through all stages of fire restoration service, to help return you back to your home.
If Your Elkhart Business Has Been Affected By Water Damage? Don't Wait To Call SERVPRO!
Our water damage experts are available 24-hours a day to give you immediate support and clean up any water-related disaster.
When your business is affected by a water damage or any other type of emergency, time is of the essence. Getting your business up and running as soon as possible is of the utmost importance after a water damage. SERVPRO of North Elkhart County provides 24-hour emergency service to help reduce your Elkhart business's downtime with:
- 24-hour mitigation and water removal
- Experienced and certified technicians
- Drying equipment to dehumidify and dry down structures large and small
- Content cleaning and drying
- Cleaning and deodorizing of your facility
- Knowledgeable and friendly crew members to address all aspects of your businesses needs
- Reconstruction services available if required
SERVPRO of North Elkhart County provides a full-service restoration for minimizing your Elkhart businesses downtime and turn your days back to "business as usual".
For information on business or commercial services including our ERP- Emergency Ready Program call us today to schedule an appointment.
SERVPRO Tip - What Not To Do After Commercial Water Damage
Call us immediately if you find water damage! 24/7!
With the crazy weather and flooding we have been experiencing, we thought it would be useful to give you some ideas on how to protect your business assets after commercial water damage.
* Do not enter a room with standing water in it until all electricity has been turned off. Live wires touching water can electrify the water, making standing water in the room very dangerous. Make sure all electricity is disconnected or off prior to entering a room with standing water.
* Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water. Regular household vacuum’s are not meant to handle large volumes of water. Sucking up standing water with a household vacuum will definitely break it and potentially cause it to short circuit.
* Do not attempt to life tacked down carpet without professional help. Wet carpet is very heavy. Not only could you hurt yourself trying to remove damp carpet but carpet also contains a variety of tacks that can hurt you if you are not trained in pulling it up correctly.
* Do not use electrical appliances while the floors/carpets are still wet. Exposure to water can cause electrical appliances to short circuit or fail. Since they are not manufactured to be “water proof”, water can easily get into vulnerable areas in the appliances and greatly increase your chance of electrocution or fire.
* Do not touch or disturb any visible mold. Mold spreads very easily. Mold caused by water can be dangerous to you and can cause health affects.
While most of the water has dried out from recent flooding, we want you to keep these points in mind so you can be water damage smart the next time heavy rains come around!
Protect Your Elkhart County Business With An Emergency Ready Plan!
Emergency Ready Plan
SERVPRO of North Elkhart County provides The Emergency Ready Plan service. One of our managers will come to your business, large or small and develop a Ready Plan in the event of a water, fire or storm emergency.
These Ready Plans are a detailed compilation of points of contact, locating and documenting emergency shut offs for all utilities, and mapping of emergency entrances and exits. Our team will keep all information on file in case of emergency the information is readily available.
Every business owner has many things to worry about, let us take the worry out of what to do if there was a fire, water or storm emergency at your place of business.
SERVPRO of North Elkhart County's highly trained and caring team is available 24 hours a day in the event of an emergency.
To find out more about this free service we provide click on the link https://ready.SERVPRO.com/home/readyprogram
Call us today for an appointment to get started on your business's Emergency Ready Plan!
SERVPRO of North Elkhart County 574-343-1397
Spring & Summer Storms - How To Prepare
Spring storms can cause a number of issues in your home, such as fallen tree branches and water damage. By preparing for the storms early, you can minimize the damage to your property.
- Invest in flood insurance
* If a storm gets our of hand and leads to flooding in your home, flood insurance will cover the cost of your water damage repairs.
- Prune your trees
* Dead or rotting tree branches are susceptible to falling during storms; it is best to cut these off before so that they do not cause any damage to the roof, siding, windows, or even the car(s). That is also a great way of protecting your family as well. Proper tree pruning can also improve the way the trees bloom in the heart of spring and summer.
- Use surge protectors for electronic devices
* Replace your your standard power strips with surge protectors so that your electronics are protected in the middle of a storm. If lightening strikes your roof or a flood occurs in your house, surge protectors will give you the best possible chance of preserving your computer, television, and game consoles. Consider unplugging any electronics you are not using so they do not have live electrical currents in the middle of a storm.
- Prepare an emergency kit
* If you have an emergency kit for winter with non-perishable food, water, and first aid supplies. Keep this kit for the spring as well. Make sure it includes candles, matches, flashlights, batteries, and anything else you can think of that will be needed during a power outage.
SERVPRO Specializes In Flooded Basement Cleanup & Restoration!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Elkhart County basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 574-343-1397]
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of North Elkhart County and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 574-343-1397
Smoke and Soot Cleanup In North Elkhart County By SERVPRO
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of North Elkhart County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call SERVPRO of North Elkhart Today