If You Have Fire In Your Elkhart Home Or Business? - Call SERVPRO
What if you have a fire in your Elkhart home or business?
Experiencing a home fire can be one of the most stressful and devastating tragedies in your life.
After a fire its very difficult to know what to do next.
Here are some important things to remember:
- Take care of yourself and family.
- Do not eat, drink or breathe anything that was near or affected by the flames, smoke, soot or water used to extinguish the fire.
- Contact your local American Red Cross, Elkhart 574-293-6519 www.redcross.org or Salvation Army, Elkhart 574-970-0088 www.saelkhart.org They can provide you with emergency accommodations, food, clothing, and medication.
- If you have pets, locate them and comfort them, keep pets from entering the fire-damaged home for their safety.
- Do NOT enter the damaged structure, until fire officials declare it safe. Fires can start again even when it appears they are fully extinguished. Be very cautious if reentering the damaged structure. There can be floor and roof damage that is not easily observed
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
SERVPRO of North Elkhart County hopes you never know the tragedy of a fire, but if you do we are #HERETOHELP with 24-hour emergency board up services, we also have the expertise to help guide you through all stages of fire restoration service, to help return you back to your home.