Spring & Summer Storms - How To Prepare
6/28/2021 (Permalink)Spring storms can cause a number of issues in your home, such as fallen tree branches and water damage. By preparing for the storms early, you can minimize the damage to your property.
- Invest in flood insurance
* If a storm gets our of hand and leads to flooding in your home, flood insurance will cover the cost of your water damage repairs.
- Prune your trees
* Dead or rotting tree branches are susceptible to falling during storms; it is best to cut these off before so that they do not cause any damage to the roof, siding, windows, or even the car(s). That is also a great way of protecting your family as well. Proper tree pruning can also improve the way the trees bloom in the heart of spring and summer.
- Use surge protectors for electronic devices
* Replace your your standard power strips with surge protectors so that your electronics are protected in the middle of a storm. If lightening strikes your roof or a flood occurs in your house, surge protectors will give you the best possible chance of preserving your computer, television, and game consoles. Consider unplugging any electronics you are not using so they do not have live electrical currents in the middle of a storm.
- Prepare an emergency kit
* If you have an emergency kit for winter with non-perishable food, water, and first aid supplies. Keep this kit for the spring as well. Make sure it includes candles, matches, flashlights, batteries, and anything else you can think of that will be needed during a power outage.